Friday 3 February 2012

Chapter 9: Sarah

Sarah and Anna sat next to one another. They shared a cigarette and a cup of tea. Anna thought she was probably way too greedy with the green aromatic smoke. She looked at her friend. Full lips, unidentified eye colour, cropped hair. Beautiful. A young nymph. 'Sometimes I wonder, what the hell she finds interesting in me or my company' she thought. Sarah gave her a charming smile. Anna gave her her Humphrey Bogart grin and they burst into laughter. Anna said in a serious voice: 'He's looking at you kid'.
Giggles again. 

Anna always used to say that trust was something that needed to be earned. Sarah did not think so: 'you need to let go with the flow sometimes, ya know'. Anna was seven years older than Sarah, and Sarah was way too pretty to remain unnoticed. She had a beautiful British accent and liked Anna's quirky eyes. 'You probably thought I was quite an eccentric teacher' Anna mumbled. You know, 'smoking weed with Bob during luncheon and asking Alicea where she got her tattoos from'. 'Nay', said Sarah. 'I thought you were alright, warm and a bit crazy maybe but who is totally sane, I mean look at Emma'. The two girs smiled at one another. 'Can you keep a secret?' said Anna. 'Probably' said Sarah. Anna approached Sarah's pointy, elven ear. She whispered something for a minute or two. Sarah put her hand on her mouth to hide a little laughter. 

'What are you two on about' said he. 'Nothing' the two girls said in unison. 'I should go have a shower' said Anna. 'I'm showering with you, love' Sarah added. They held hands and walked towards the bathroom. He let go a soft sigh. 'You two will drive me mental'. He smiled. 'She will just come and rub my back. hope you don't mind, it's too cold, perhaps -20 celcius, I need someone to hold the towel for me'. Laughter again. Sarah said: 'Oh, just join us and then we will plat your hair'. He took of his shirt and joined in. Three kids. Well, one happy one at least. And the toast was burning in the oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment